Grieving, blogging, and really cute shoes
Wow, I'm finally leaping into the 21st Century with both feet. I've always prided myself on being rather hip for an old 30-something, but the blogging is even way more progressive than the cute strappy shoes I just ordered from Macy's. :) After an amazing week at a bookseller's convention, I just arrived home exhausted ... but anxious to try out this whole "bloggy" thing myself. If I'm just no good at being quite this modern, and I can't figure out how to "drag and drop" all the appropriate things to make this site awesome ... then I'll retreat to just being a hip 30-something with really cute shoes. It could be worse. :)

My hope with this blogsite is to create a way to communicate with those of you out there that are full of words about loss. Over the last 10 years I have learned to make room in my life and heart for an entity that I call, The Unkind Companion. That is what I named loss when it invaded my world. There's not much you can do to stop it when it comes for a call, is there? On June 4th, 1997, my husband and father-in-law were killed in a mid-air collision. That is the day The Unkind Companion imposed its way into my life ... and I've learned over time, to make room for it. I believe that you can, too.

I have learned to live again, and thankfully, I've made peace with that part of my past. How are you doing with it in your life? If you have experienced loss ... through death, divorce, or any other disappointment in life ... I'd love to hear your comments and feedback. Along with being a loss survivor ... I am a writer, and my books deal with grief and how to put your life back together when everything falls apart. I'm always looking for the perspectives of others to help shape my thoughts and advice as I write, so your feelings are so valuable ... and valid. I will look forward to visiting with you, and in advance ... thanks for being willing to share your heart.

You can check out my website if you'd like. I hope to somehow link these two together somehow ... but Lord knows, I'll take one step at a time. I'm going to need Advil from just figuring out how to create this blogsite on my own. :) My web address is, www.dreamedforme.com
If you are interested in my first book which deals with the very initial stages of grief, it is called ... you guessed it ... The Unkind Companion ~ Learning to Live with Loss. It is available at any online retailer. Just thought I'd mention it ... in case you were looking for resources to help shoulder the pain. It's my way of hugging everyone's heart!

Blessings to you all, and I will look forward to hearing your thoughts and feelings!

Labels: , , , , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Our Daily Brad:
"What did he say today?"

About Me
Twitter Stream
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits