Lettuces, French Beans, and Par-sah-ley
I hung out over at Mabes house tonight. For those that don't know her, Mabes is my sister, Sharon. I've called her Mabes since I was a junior in high school. She also calls me, Mabes. Technically, she is Mabes Sr. and I am Mabes Jr. I would take time to explain how those names came about ... but I'll spare you the details. You probably wouldn't think it was as funny as we did, anyway. :)

While we were there tonight, in honor of the traditional Easter Bun-Bun, we decided to wade through Mabes' countless hours of home video to find Nick reciting the whole book of Peter Rabbit after he had just turned three. I thought I was prepared for his little Southern drawl and big teardrop eyes ... but I wasn't. It melted my heart to hear him reading about Mr. McGregor's garden and Peter's little "blass" buttons on his jacket. It took me back in time and I was blown away at how much emotion it brought to the surface.

Time flies so quickly. We should really stop to enjoy every moment of beauty we are given. What a wonderful treasure to watch my precious nephew flip through the memorized pages as if he were actually reading the book ... and to know that God has protected him and all of the children in our family ... and that they all love God. What a gift to contemplate this Easter. What a precious reality.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

LOL. that video is HILarious. that nick...such a heartbreaker.

Post a Comment

Home

Our Daily Brad:
"What did he say today?"

About Me
Twitter Stream
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits