Worth the Risk?
I was up until 1am on Craigslist. There is something very specific I am looking for and I was determined to scour the whole nation looking for it. I think I found it. It's in Tacoma, WA. Of all places ... Tacoma, WA. Well, I can't exactly jump in the old Suburban and go check it out, now can I? I emailed the seller and asked all kinds of questions and he was very prompt in writing back to give me all the details he could. He was very descriptive and the item seems like everything I've wanted. Should I buy it on faith or not? Should I trust that this thing I have been searching for is as good as the lister portrays it to be and just close my eyes and trust that it will satisfy when it arrives? Is it possible that something so far away could be right for me? Will I open the box and breathe a sigh of great relief or great disappointment? Is it worth the risk?
I guess I have some decisions to make.

Recently, I was speaking at a women's event and I had a rather lengthy conversation with a young woman who was wrestling with the meaning of life. She began to explain her journey of searching for the truth. She really wasn't sure what she believed. She talked with me and questioned me and it seemed as though we were miles and miles apart in our souls. It was as if she was looking for something very specific. She was scouring the whole world and all its definitions of truth, looking for it. After hearing my story, she seemed to think she might have found it in the truth offered by Christ. She had lots of really valid questions. I was excited to answer her with the greatest of detail ... making sure that I was honest about the Christian faith and the cost of following Jesus. Although His way is not always easy, it is simply the best possible way to live. It seemed like everything she wanted. Should she step out in faith or not? Should she trust that this thing she has been searching for is as good as the believer portrays it to be and just close her eyes and trust that it will satisfy once she embraces it? Is it possible that something so seemingly far away could be right for her? Will she open her life to grace and breathe a sigh of great relief or great disappointment? Is it worth the risk?
I guess she has some decisions to make.

Decisions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Our Daily Brad:
"What did he say today?"

About Me
Twitter Stream
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits