Brad on Theology
Tonight I was taking Brad to my parents house to spend the night. On the way, we were discussing the recent news story of the little dog getting between the 1 year old baby and the rattlesnake. If you haven't heard about it ... Google it. It's so awesome. Anyway, Brad was saying how that dog would certainly be in Heaven when she died ... and she'd have wings. I tried to explain how that wasn't really a Biblical truth ... but it was nice to imagine ... and certainly IF there were dogs in Heaven ... she would be right up there at the front of the line. I have to admit ... I rather like to think and hope our pets will be there with us! :)

So ... that leads to discussing the Bible in general, and Brad says, " Well you know Mom, the Bible isn't God's real Word." I said, "Well yes, Brad, it is His real Word. Why would you say that?"
"Because," he replied, " it's just dried ink. God's real Word is written in blood and that blood will never dry."

Woah. I didn't know what to say other than, "The Word became flesh and dwelt among us."

He might only be 6, but that was one profound statement. I love that little curly top boy!

Blessings and good nite ~

Labels:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Our Daily Brad:
"What did he say today?"

About Me
Twitter Stream
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits