Oh Heavens Where Have I Been?
Hello to all my sweet blog friends!

I know that I have been out of pocket for many, many days. I've missed you all ... but I have a very good reason to explain my absence.
The Lord brought a special person into my life in January. Her name is Ginger Gilbert, and she is the widow of Major Troy Gilbert, who died in an F-16 crash outside of Baghdad last Thanksgiving. She has 5 precious children and a life that has been completely turned upside down. Not only did Troy die in the crash, but insurgents got to his body before coalition forces could arrive on the scene ... and they took his body.
Ginger has been going through a terrible time lately, and so I picked up ... spur of the moment ... and flew to Phoenix to be with her. While there, a video surfaced from the terrorist front that displays Troy's desecrated body and a message from Osama. Needless to say, it was horrific to find out. ABC news came to the door on Friday and after being turned away by Ginger's mother, the reporter turned back before walking off the porch and said, "Oh, by the way, I LOVE your necklace."
Ummmmm, does anyone see how disturbing that is? How flippant to talk about jewelry while such a tender, intimate, hurtful thing for Ginger was on the line. Oh mercy.
So, Ginger decided that she had stayed silent long enough. She asked me to stay and help her write a public statement, so we fluffed up the pillows on her bed Saturday night and worked on her speech until the wee hours of the morning.
She held the press conference today. I think that it will be circulating throughout the media for the next several days. If you want to read about it, just Google "Ginger Gilbert public statement". She is going to be contacting Hannity&Colmes tomorrow. Keep your eyes and ears open and you might see it on the news. Please pray for Ginger, as she is so weary, wounded, and weak. Pray that the Lord will prepare her for the magnitude of the next few weeks.
She is an amazing woman ... but she's is mighty low right now. I'm so thankful that God has chosen me to walk with her during this season of her life. She's like family to us now.
So, that is why you guys haven't heard from me. Let me get my feet back underneath me, and I'll get back to my blogging.

OH, and AMY IN JAPAN ... the box came while I was gone. Ben LOVES everything you sent him!!! I'll email you tomorrow with big cyberhugs!!
For those of you wondering what that is about ... one of my blogging buddies and I did a gift swap! Isn't that the coolest? She's in Japan with the Marines and I'm here in her native South ... so I sent her Southern goodies and she sent Ben a boat load of Japanese goodies. VERY cool.
I love blogging!!

Glad to be back, dear friends ~

5 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

That is so completely awful. Please tell Ginger that we will be praying for her - that God will give her an unending peace and surround her with a great sense of love and comfort.

And ps...I guess if I can't get a phone call, a blog will have to do. ;0) haha.

*Hugs from Savannah*

Blogger Melanie said...

glad to have you back!!

Blogger Jeff said...

What an amazing story.

Thanks guys ~ Ginger really needs our prayers. I will tell her that she has a posse here in the South. :)

Blogger anna*in*oki said...

She sure has our thoughts, prayers, and hugs over here in Japan, too.

Post a Comment

Home

Our Daily Brad:
"What did he say today?"

About Me
Twitter Stream
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits