Ants, leaks, and other late summer delights
Ahhhhh, late summer. The air is heavy with moisture ... only, no rain. The breeze blows slightly ... only, it's like hair dryer temperature. The leaves begin to fall ... only, it's not because autumn is on its way, it's because the trees are dying from sheer exhaustion. Yes, it's late summer ... and I am miserable.
So ... it would only make sense that in this joyous time of year that our favorite house guests came to visit.
The ants.
No, not the aunts ... the ANTS.
When I walked into the kitchen this week they were having a frat party in the middle of my floor. Hundreds of the little boogers were circling my rug, climbing my cabinetry, and making themselves at home on my island. I think one of them was making an omelet when I came in. They were doing the limbo, wearing togas, drinking olive oil, and having an all around smashing time.
I FREAKED out. I hate ... no, loathe ants. I hate any bug of any kind doing any sort of thing in my house.
So, I called Terminex.

Then, we found that the pipes under the sink had started to leak and I had to pull every single thing that has been crammed under there for the last 6 years out to clean it up.
So, I called Delta Plumbing.

Then, Mary came to the den door where I have a little baby gate up to keep her corralled ... and she had done such a sweet, thoughtful thing. Not only had she become aware of the fact that she had laid an Easter Egg in her diaper ... she had happily removed it and presented it to me in her hands.
So, I called Steve.

AAAAARRRRRRUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Will autumn puh-leeze hurry up and get here? I might still have all these same things to deal with ... but at least my upper lip won't be sweating and I'll be, in general, a more pleasant person to deal with. I keep much mo bettah in the cold!

Who's with me??

3 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

hahahahahaha...

I'm sorry, but that's hilarious. It's times like those that tend to make me rethink the whole childbearing thing in general.

Keep your chin up...otherwise, you may be up to your nose in ants! haha. :)

Blogger Melanie said...

yup...virginia is just as pleasant in these last days of summer...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first time reading your blog made me laugh out loud. You are so sweet and funny! The amazing thing is this: I have seen you several days this week, and yet not once did you burden me with these little problems. You are an inspiration to me.... Your patience! I too am ready for fall!

Post a Comment

Home

Our Daily Brad:
"What did he say today?"

About Me
Twitter Stream
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits