Brad on tomatoes
On the way home from school today, Brad was discussing his favorite and least favorite foods with the kindergartner, Emma, that we take home every day. She was telling Brad how much she loves grits and how she wanted to eat them for a snack when she got home. This alone amazed me, given that Emma's family is a fresh transplant from the Northern part of our fair country. I would expected that Emma would have listed grits amongst the, "eeeeewwwwuuuuhhhh, gross" things in her life. Nonetheless, Emma was gearing up for some good ole Southern cuisine ~ while Brad was taking his food dislikes to the confessional booth.
He sort of shrugged his shoulders to Emma and said, "Well, it's like this ... I have tried my best to like those red potatoes (Brad's constant wording for tomatoes), but every time I put them in my mouth, my heart says "yes" ... but my brain says, "NO!"
I guess Brad will need to stick with potatoes ... the white kind. Or, there's always grits ...

Labels:


3 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

funny that brad should word it like that. i was feeling the EXACT same way about some things in my life around august 27-31. :0) ;0)

Blogger Melanie said...

I have those same feelings about crab cakes. I really want to like 'em...but I just can't!

Blogger Kate said...

hey, me too!

weird.

Post a Comment

Home

Our Daily Brad:
"What did he say today?"

About Me
Twitter Stream
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits