mile marker I-40
Wow ... well then ... ahemmmmm ... geeze ...

I just turned 40.

It's not that it's all that bad. It's just really ... strange. After being the baby o' my family ... I'm always the young one - the spring chicken of our brood. That was all working really well for me until Father Time tapped me on the shoulder this month and I realized that two crows must have landed on my face when I wasn't looking. I see their little footprints around both of my eyes.

They're truly hard to digest ... those two numbers ... 4 and 0. On their own they are quite benign. Put them together and you have good reason to buy a whole bottle of Merlot all for yourself. It is rather tempting to fall into a sullen state of denial ... however, as these last few days have passed ... I have felt a more comforting sensation fall over me. In looking back, I realize that these last two years have truly been some of the most spiritually challenging of my life. I have seen God teach me new things ... new freedoms ... new dependence on who He is. Maybe they have just been a warm up of things to come. I mean, instead of saying goodbye to my 30's ... maybe the last two years have just been the runway to take off into the best decade of my life. I'm thinking that perhaps I've been dreading something that isn't even there. What if those two dang numbers - 4 and 0 - turn out, in the end, to be the best numbers of all? Will I be better than ever?

Alex, I'm going to go with yes, for $200.

2 Comments:

Blogger thankful... said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger thankful... said...

I can vouch that 'it's all good' from here on out! 40's are a really sweet spot!

Post a Comment

Home

Our Daily Brad:
"What did he say today?"

About Me
Twitter Stream
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits