Brad on Luxury
With this morning's torrential rainfall, needless to say, the pool at the club was shut down for chemical balancing. Mary was in her swimsuit before the breakfast dishes had even gotten suds'ed in the sink and we had to explain to her that the pool was closed for the day. Well ... let's just say ... she was disappointed. My ears are still ringing.

After lunch, Steve needed to make a Wal-Mart run and I suggested that if they weren't too expensive, he might want to get the kids one of those little plastic pools to put on the deck. He thought it was a great idea.

Steve headed off to Wally World and soon returned with a bright blue wading pool in the back of his truck. The kids were delighted. I thought Mary would be the only taker ... but Brad was just as excited ... and he soon emerged from his room wearing his bathing suit and goggles. He didn't care if there was only a foot of water to be explored ... he wanted goggles.

After the pool was full and brimming over with toy fish and bubble wands, I took leave of my little aquatic cuties and settled back on the sofa to watch them through the French doors. They giggled and splashed ... blew bubbles and jumped ... and then Brad suddenly felt the need to relax. I watched him climb in the pool and lay back. Then he reared back and hollered,

"MOM!!!!!!!"

I opened the door and looked down into his face. He was floating there with his hands folded behind his head, as if here were on the poop deck of a Carnival Cruise. He gazed up at me with the most peaceful, perfectly happy expression and he said,

"Mom, could you please get me a Diet Coke with Lime? I'm pretending that this is the life."

Labels:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Our Daily Brad:
"What did he say today?"

About Me
Twitter Stream
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits