Mabes, Mountains, and Mayhem



Ok, second day of photo blogging. I can tell this is going to change my life. :)

My oldest sister's name is Sharon. However, since 1986 I have called her Mabes. It's a nickname that came from a silly conversation we had and for whatever reason, it stuck. For over 20 years now ... it has stuck. My children even call her Aunt Mabes. It's a hoot.
She and her family left this morning to take my parents for a week in the NC mountains. To say that was a car full of people who needed an little R&R is the understatement of the century. I called to talk to them a little while ago and Mabes said that she'd have to call me back because they were walking into the emergency room with my mother. Apparently, Mama got to the bottom of the stairs of the cabin they rented and her toe caught and she fell down and gashed her head above her eye and also whacked her ear. They are going to sew her up and do a scan of her head just to make sure she is alright. I can't say how upsetting it is to find this out. I mean, I know God knows just how much they all need a break from the chaos of daily life around here ... so I just can't quite grasp why this had to happen. It's so hard to see God in some of the things that interrupt our daily lives. I know He has a reason for everything ... so I will choose to stand on that. However, my heart just aches to think that the first night of their mountain vacation has started off in such an awful way. Even still ...

There is no power above or beside Him, we know ... God is in control.

Mama, I hope you feel better tomorrow and that your week will be blessed with healing and laughter ... I am so sorry you are hurting tonight.

Here is a picture of me with Mabes and me with Mama. My mama sure looks pretty for 76 years old, doesn't she??? She was actually 74 when this was made, but she still looks just like this!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Nester said...

Hey girl--so sorry about your mom!

Glad you stopped by the Nest. To subscribe you can either click that little button in the address bar that looks like half a rainbow or on my blog on the sidebar under "follow me" "contact me"... is a subscribe button.

Good luck! It was nice to meet you last weekend!

Blogger Glynnis Whitwer said...

I'm praying for your precious mama. That God will erase the pain and worry, and that she won't be afraid to go down stairs. I pray the entire family get the R&R they need. You too!!!!
Love you,
Glynnis

Post a Comment

Home

Our Daily Brad:
"What did he say today?"

About Me
Twitter Stream
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits