Freedom
I know I haven't written anything of real substance since Tuesday night, and I'm sorry I've been out of the blogging loop. After Currey had his heat stroke, it was followed by my sister having knee surgery ... so this week has flown by and I've been on the run a lot. Katie reminded me last night with her e-mail saying,
"post a new posttttttttt.

thank you. :)

love, k"

It's nice to be missed. Thank you, KK, and Happy 22nd Birthday! (smile)

Well, the journey continues on ...

I just observed something in Mary-Marlowe that was so profound. My children serve as constant reminders of how the Lord must see me so much of the time.
She was on the floor playing and she had one of my ponytail holders in the mix of toys on the carpet. She picked it up and worked for a few minutes trying to get it on her leg. Over her little slipper ... over her heel ... then her ankle. Finally, she got it up onto her calf. In a few minutes she realized that it didn't feel so good ... it pinched ... and she wanted it off. She sat back down and started trying to undo what she had worked so hard to achieve just a little while before. After struggling unsuccessfully she began to whine ... then cry ... then finally she erupted into a full blown wail as she jumped up and ran to me ... holding up her leg for me to rid her of this unwanted burden. Easily and effortlessly I reached down and took it off. The biggest giggle of thanksgiving gurgled from Mary's heart as she smiled and reached out her hand for the ponytail holder. Reluctantly I offered it back to her.
She immediately turned around, walked across the floor, plopped down, and started trying to put it back over her foot.
Now why in the world did she do that? Why would she have so quickly forgotten the discomfort of her previous perdiciment and launched right back into the very burden from which I had just freed her?
~ Booyah ~
As I watched in amazement, I realized that I am not so unlike my little Mary-Mouse. How many times have I gotten myself into situations that haven't felt so good once I got to where I was going? How many times have I felt the "pinch" of a circumstance? As I have tried to do and undo things in my life ... I realize that my ability to fix my situations are fruitless ... my vision blurry ... my heart heavy. First, I whine ... then I cry ... then I erupt into a wail as I run to the Father to help me find freedom or an answer or a band-aid. Easily and effortlessly He has reached down time and time again to loose me from myself and then .... oh too often ... what have I done?
Well, you can figure the rest out for yourself. Let's just say that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I am so thankful God showed me this today. It is so tempting to take freedom for granted. I don't want to waste any of this precious life repeating the things that have tethered me in the past. God has been showing me so much lately about how I have lived with pinchy ponytail holders around my spirit in different areas. I've let some of my convictions be man-made rather than Scripture breathed. I've run to Him ~ to His Word for answers. And I've found them. I will not sit back down and start pulling those old dogmas over my feet again. This time I will not lose the giggle of thanksgiving and repeat the bondage. This time, I will embrace the freedom of my Father and beg for more. I want to know Him ... and His heart in all things. I want to see the world the way He sees the world. I want to minister to His creation with nothing fueling my feet except the purity of His Heart beating in mine. I don't ever want to bound again.

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Galatians 5:1

If I am not mistaken, the word "yoke" in the Greek means, "ponytail holder around the calf". Teehee

Be free in Him, and stand firm!
Blessings ~

1 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

THANK you for the post. ;0)


That is such an important lesson to be reminded of. We humans are so incredibly forgetful...

Post a Comment

Home

Our Daily Brad:
"What did he say today?"

About Me
Twitter Stream
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits