Beginning Again
I have a person in my life who is healing from losing a spouse in Iraq this past year. We became friends through a military contact who thought my past experiences would help me relate to her and her to me. We quickly became friends, and now we are like family. It is amazing how God can truly move heaven and earth to connect His children ~ as I live in NC, and she lives in AZ! I've watched her go from being a hollow, empty shell of a person ~ to a determined, believing woman who is learning how to live again. It was so difficult to observe her pain and suffering in those first weeks of our contact. I can only imagine how those closest to her felt. But as time has passed ... and is passing ... I see her opening her heart and eyes to the glorious future God has in store for her. She is clinging to Jer.29:11 ~ and she is finally starting to see how God does have plans to prosper her and not to harm her. For so long, she could only look down at what laid shattered at her feet ~ but now she has lifted her gaze and she is looking towards the horizon. I am so thankful for this growth in her and I am so thankful for a God ... a Father ... who holds us when we are broken ... who loves us even when we question what He is doing ... and who never abandons the works of His hands. Ginger and her 5 young children still have quite a journey ahead of them ... but I know that God has got amazing things in store for this little, precious family. No matter where you are tonight ... you can trust Him with your pain and broken dreams. Even then, He hears you and He loves you. Trust ... even when everything inside you wants to quit. It might be the most difficult thing to do ... but trusting will always lead to blessing. Always.

Peace and love ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Our Daily Brad:
"What did he say today?"

About Me
Twitter Stream
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits