Geocaching, Prayerstorming, and Belly Rubs
Well, all's quiet on the Eastern Front.

My two little ones are asleep in their nice cozy beds. Ben is hanging out with cousins and most likely "geocaching" somewhere in our fair city. He's determined to find a treasure yet ... or at least something cool in one of those capsules.

Steve is in Brussels and as of his last email to me which was about 30 minutes ago, he was finishing up a burger and heading for bed. He'll sleep a few hours and then hit the American cockpit to fly home again ...
home again ...
jiggity
jig.

So who does that leave?

It leaves ...

MOI

And MOI is a happy camper.

Ahhhhh ... it's been a peaceful evening. I have been in bed since 8:30 and I've had almost two and a half hours of uninterrupted time with the Lord to work on an upcoming ladies retreat I am doing at North Myrtle Beach in October. I don't know when I've had two and a half hours of uninterrupted time with the Lord lately. It's been Heavenlish.

I came up with a new word tonight. At least, I think I made it up. If you've heard it ... don't tell me. I'm feeling pretty amazing right now.

When I emailed Steve back to tell him what I was doing, the word, "prayerstorming" came to me. I would have said "brainstorming" ... but it wasn't appropriate. That you do with your mind. What I have been trying to do tonight is with my heart. It has been brimming over for days and days now with the oodles of spiritual thoughts and questions I've gathered up over the past couple of weeks ... so the only word that came to mind when trying to explain to Steve was ... "prayerstorming". I think I love this word. Think I could sell it to Zondervan or something? Do they buy words? It's such a good one. Eeeek. :)

So this prayerstorming of mine was flowing like a sweet September river and all the sudden, I felt a fluffly lump of sweetness jump up on me. It's our Maltipoo named Jesso and I love her so much I could squeeze the curl right out of her fur. So, since she stopped by my Temperpedic to give me some kisses and to bum a belly rub off of me ... it only seemed right to capture the moment and share her cuteness with the world. Dawn and Emily will be so proud. So ... ladies and gentlemen ... I give you the juiciest little pup this side of the Mississip' ... and yes ... that is one chocolate eye you see. I'm tellin' you ... she's juicy.

JESSO




So, it's looking like tonight has been win/win for everyone.

Little ones are nestled ...
Ben's off treasure hunting ...
Steve is full of beef and snoring by now ...
I'm making up awesome new words and spending time with my Maker ...
And Jesso's gettin' her a belly rub.

Good times ... good times.

Labels: , , , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Our Daily Brad:
"What did he say today?"

About Me
Twitter Stream
Previous Posts
Archives
Credits